Thank you for your interest in the Essex Children's University....
For every child that takes part in Children's University we want the following outcomes:
- They feel they have grown in confidence and self-belief.
- They have enjoyed new experiences, in new places and want to keep exploring.
- They believe they have a broader range of essential skills.
- They feel empowered to make positive choices about their future.
- They see that learning is fun, aspirational and lifelong.
- They feel their eyes have been opened to a multiplicity of learning activities and opportunities.
- They feel celebrated for their commitment to learning by their family, school and community
Who we are and what we do: The Children’s University in Essex was established in 2009 as a schools based programme. It became a charity in 2016 and is managed by the Essex Children’s University Trust, a registered charity that works in partnership with schools to develop a love of learning in children.
We do this by encouraging and celebrating participation in extra-curricular activities in and outside of school.
The impact of these activities is proven to be positive.
Management and Governance: Essex Children's University in managed by the Children's University Manager, with the support of an experienced Board of Trustees.
A schools membership programme, Essex Children’s University works with 60 schools across the County of Essex.
How it works: Children's University Learners are issued with their own Passport to Learning. They use this to record their participation in extra-curricular activities in an doutside of school. They are working towards National Certificates which recognise, reward and celebrate their achievements. Certificates are presented at a Children's University Graduation Ceremony, held at venues around Essex.
Our Graduation venues include The University of Essex, Anglia Ruskin University, South Essex College, Writte University College.
Get Involved: We welcome enquiries from schools interested in becoming members, and families who choose to educate their children at home.
If you are interested in working with us as a Learning Destination, joining us as a Membership School or wish to make enquiries of our work with home educator families, please get in touch.